|RIVER TAY GHILLIES ASSOCIATION Guardians of the River Tay and tributaries|
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Name: James Henderson, Association Secretary
Address: Greenacres, Castleton Road, Auchterarder, PH3 1AG
Phone Number: 07900 897650
WHAT WE NEED
The objectives of the Tay Ghillies Association (TGA) are to promote the conservation and preservation of the Atlantic Salmon in the River Tay system for the benefit of all anglers, businesses, tourists, river proprietors and local people. To meet these objectives the Association will help fund specific salmon and environmental projects as well as raising river-related issues with the appropriate organisations.
The Management of the Association shall be vested in a Committee, which shall comprise five officers – Chairman, Vice Chairman, Association Secretary, Minutes Secretary and Treasurer, and two ordinary members.
Membership of the Association is unrestricted and members’ personal data is provided to the Association. The Association will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us when joining.
Other interested parties will request newsletters and information from TGA and they will also provide personal data.
MEMBERS/INTERESTED PARTIES PERSONAL DATA
When you register as a member of the TGA, or renew your membership, or ask to be sent recurring news items, we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact Details – name, address, email address, phone numbers
WHY WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – LEGITIMATE PURPOSES
We need to collect personal information so that we can:
- Provide you with core member services, including communication with you on routine TGA business
- Send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services including, but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees information, etc.
- Send you TGA newsletters and news items
- Promote and encourage participation in TGA projects and advising on pertinent events. Events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes
- Respond to and communicate with you regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to TGA business.
- If you make a complaint, we will use your personal information to investigate your complaint.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes.
If you wish to object to any of the above processing of your personal data, please contact the Association Secretary by email. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
OTHER USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our events, we may share this with local newspapers and journals for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive and Police Scotland.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information that we hold. If the external third party needs more info we will advise them to contact you via telephone or email.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. Please note, however, that where you/we are transmitting information over the internet, then given the internet is not a secure medium, we cannot definitely guarantee the security of this information.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. If you fail to renew in any year we will delete your information after one year.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to the TGA Secretary, or by email email@example.com. Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes, and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so
Any requests received by TGA will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113